National Girl Child Day 2023
On January 24, the nation celebrates National Girl Child Day. This day was established in 2008 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The goal of National Female Child Day is to highlight the prejudice and injustice that girl children face. To raise awareness of the injustices girls face in Indian society, the Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Indian government started it in 2008. The day is celebrated with planned activities, such as awareness campaigns for Save the Girl Child, child sex ratios, and the development of a safe and healthy environment for girls.
National Girl Child Day 2023: Theme
The Ministry of Education will host a celebration with the theme “Self Defence Training for Girls.” According to the women and child development ministry, the main objective of National Girl Child Day is to raise awareness and tackle the issues of inequalities that girls face in the country and enlighten everyone about the rights of a girl child.
National Girl Child Day 2023: Significance
According to the women and child development ministry, National Girl Child Day is meant to create awareness about the rights of a girl, support the nation’s girl children, eliminate gender biases, and emphasise the importance of education, health, and nutrition. The national holiday is observed nationwide by holding a variety of events to honour girls. This day serves to change the attitude towards the girl child so that she can be valued and respected. In fact, the government has taken several steps to fulfil the objectives of National Girl Child Day.
Objective of the National Girl Child Day 2023
- To create awareness among people to protect and raise child children with equality in terms of education, health and other opportunities in life.
- To promote the idea of the elimination of any form of discrimination against the child children at home or outside world.
- To accept child children and welcome them into homes and live with respect and love and abandon the evil ideology of killing gild children in the womb and female infanticide.
- To educate people at large about the importance of girl children and the declining sex ratio in India and eventually to change their mindset.
- To create a safe environment for girls to live safely inside and outside their homes.
National Girl Child Day 2023: History
In 2008, National Girl Child Day was established by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of the injustices that girls experience in Indian society. The main aim of the day is to raise awareness of the disparities that girls face in a variety of areas, including education, employment, clothing, and others.
Over the years, the Indian government has taken a number of actions to alter this and enhance the lives of females. There are various initiatives and campaigns implemented for the betterment of girls, including Save the Girl Child, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, subsidised or free education for girls, and many more.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Minister of Women and Child Development: Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani.