The “National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) of India” has been launched by the Union Minister for Culture (I/C) Prahlad Singh Patel. The “National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) of India”, which is a part of the Vision 2024 of the Ministry of Culture, raises awareness about the various intangible cultural heritage elements from different parts of India at national as well as international level. It also recognizes the diversity of Indian culture instilled in its intangible heritage and aims to ensure its protection.
Click Here To Get Test Series For SBI PO 2020
The National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of India has been classified in the following 5 broad domains:
- Oral traditions and expressions, including language as a vehicle of the intangible cultural heritage
- Performing arts
- Social practices, rituals and festive events
- Knowledge and practices concerning nature and the universe
- Traditional craftsmanship
The National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of India has been classified in the above 5 broad domains keeping in view the UNESCO’s 2003 Convention for Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Director General of UNESCO: Audrey Azoulay.