National Youth Parliament Festival Fourth Edition
National Youth Parliament Festival Fourth Edition was held in the Parliament of India in the national Capital, New Delhi. On the first day of the National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF) finals in the Central Hall of Parliament, New Delhi, Minister of State for Youth and Sports Affairs Shri Nisith Pramanik gave a speech. During the first day, a continuation of the competitive session was planned.
The National Jury, which included Sh. Anurag Sharma, Member of Parliament for the Lok Sabha, Shri Manoj Tiwari, Member of Parliament for the Lok Sabha, Shri Sanjay Kumar, Secretary of the Department of School Education and Literacy, and Shri Kanchan Gupta, Senior Advisor, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, heard from twenty-nine State Youth Parliament (SYP) winners.
National Youth Parliament Festival: Key Points
- On this occasion, Shri Nisith Pramanik stated that the opinions shared by the attendees will serve as a guide for the nation.
- He further stated that India will become an economically powerful nation thanks to the zeal and vigour of the young.
- The youth will further reinforce the democratic spirit, he continued, and their vision is as strong as this country’s democracy.
- The Minister further stated that, in line with Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision, India is carving out its own place in the world and evolving into Atmanirbhar, and that the nation’s youth will play a significant part in achieving this goal.
- On March 2, 2023, the first three winners will get the chance to address the Lok Sabha Speaker, who will also engage in conversation with the young at the event.
- On March 2, 2023 at 10:30 AM in the Central Hall of Parliament, New Delhi, Speaker of the Lok Sabha Shri Om Birla will deliver a speech during the closing ceremony of the 4th National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF).
- During the event, three of the Festival’s national winners will share their opinions.
- Anurag Thakur, the Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, and Nisith Pramanik, the Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports, will also be present.
- Anurag Thakur, Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, will also address the participants.
National Youth Parliament Festival: Ideas for a Better Tomorrow
India for the World served as the topic for the 4th National Youth Parliament Festival, which will take place in 2023. District Youth Parliaments were place from January 25 to January 29, 2023. At 150 locations across the nation, more than 2.01 lakh young people from 748 Districts of all the States and UTs took part. On February 3 through February 7, 2023, the District Youth Parliament’s (DYP) first and second place finishers took part in the State Youth Parliament Festival. The participants in the District and State Level Youth Parliaments discussed the assigned issues.
Objectives of 4th Edition of National Youth Parliament Festival
The National Youth Parliament Festival’s (NYPF) goal is to give young people a platform to express themselves as they choose careers in public service and other fields. On the concept presented by the Prime Minister in his Mann Ki Baat Speech on December 31, 2017, NYPF was founded. The first edition of NYPF 2019 was held with the topic “Be the Voice of New India and Discover Solutions and Contribute to Policy” with the involvement of 88,000 youth in physical mode, drawing inspiration from the concept.
Under the subject “YUVAAH- Utsah Naye Bharat Ka,” the second National Youth Parliament Festival of 2021 was held, and more than 23 Lakh youth and stakeholders from all over the nation were present virtually. Under the subject “Be the Voice of New India and Discover Solutions and Contribute to Policy,” the third National Youth Parliament Festival, 2022, was held with the participation of more than 2.44 Lakh Youth.