Union Minister of Ayush and Ports, Shipping & Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the first B2B Global Conference & Expo on Traditional Medicine under Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) at Guwahati.
The Union Minister informed that India has made the best use of available natural resources through Ayurveda and other traditional systems of medicine to provide healthcare to people as well as towards achieving the goal of Universal Health Coverage. The Global Center for Traditional Medicine of the World Health Organization (WHO-GCTM) being set up at Jamnagar with the support of India will help member countries to take enabling steps in their respective countries to strengthen education and practices of Traditional Medicine.
Sarbananda Sonowal Inaugurated Global Conference & Expo on Traditional Medicine – Key Points
- Union Minister of State for Ayush and Women & Child Development, Dr. Mahendrabhai Munjpara informed that India lays a lot of emphasis on quality assurance of education and practices of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-rigpa and the Homeopathy (Ayush).
- Many regulatory provisions, as well as accreditation mechanisms, are in place to ensure the quality of Ayush products.
- India has also taken lead to develop the country’s “integrative Medicine Policy” to integrate Traditional systems of medicine and western medicine while ensuring their training, research, and safety.
- Health Minister of Myanmar Dr. Thet Khaing Win informed that in Myanmar traditional medicines have been regarded as an invaluable national heritage, it has a significant role in culture.
- Deputy Health Minister of Maldives Safiya Mohamed Saeed highlighted about how Traditional Medicines used to be the main source of income for millions, especially for the rural areas in developing countries.
- More than 150 delegates from 17 countries including India are participating in this event, which includes high-level delegates such as Health ministers, official delegates, and foreign buyers from SCO & partner countries.
- A total of 75 foreign officials and business delegates from 13 countries are participating in physical mode. Official delegates from China, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan joined virtually.
- New Delhi World Book Fair 2023 Returned After Three Years Gap
- PM Modi To Inaugurate 3-Day Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi