Sashidhar Jagdishan is ‘BS Banker of the Year 2022’
Sashidhar Jagdishan, managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of HDFC Bank, has been chosen as the Business Standard Banker of the Year 2022. This award is given to him for his successful navigation of technology-related challenges while maintaining the bank’s strong performance.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Known to his colleagues as Sashi, Jagdishan took charge of HDFC Bank on October 27, 2020, after his illustrious predecessor Aditya Puri demitted office upon attaining the age of 70 years, the maximum age for a CEO in a private sector bank according to the Reserve Bank of India’s norms. The banking regulator had approved Jagdishan’s appointment for a three-year period, after which he will be eligible for an extension. He will turn 58 this month. Jagdishan’s journey in HDFC Bank started in 1996 as a manager in the finance function.
Process of Choosing the Winner
A five-member jury, chaired by former Reserve Bank of India deputy governor SS Mundra, has picked Sashidhar Jagdishan as the CEO of the largest private sector bank of the country as the winner. The Jury includes-
- Vice Chairman and CEO of HDFC Limited Keki Mistry,
- Ican Investment Advisors Chairman Anil Singhvi,
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company MD and CEO A Balasubramanian, and
- Former MD and CEO of Bank of Baroda P S Jayakumar. Mistry
You may also read this:
- India Wins GSMA Government Leadership Award 2023
- ‘Naatu Naatu’ song from ‘RRR’ to be performed at the Oscars 2023 ceremony