In Nepal, Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba has elected for the consecutive 7th time from the home district of Dadeldhura. The counting of votes continues for parliamentary and provincial elections in the country. Senior Nepali Congress leader, Mr. Deuba defeated an independent candidate Sagar Dhakal by a margin of over 12 thousand votes. The 77-year-old Nepali Congress president Deuba is currently holding the post of Prime Minister for the fifth term.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The parliamentary and provincial elections were held on 20th of November in Nepal. It was the second general election since the promulgation of the constitution in 2015. Deuba secured 25,534 votes against his nearest rival Sagar Dhakal, 31, an independent candidate who received 1,302 votes. Deuba has never lost any parliamentary election in the five decades of his political career.
About the Nepal:
- Nepal formerly the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal is a landlocked country in South Asia.
- The name “Nepal” is first recorded in texts from the Vedic period of the Indian subcontinent, the era in ancient Nepal when Hinduism was founded, the predominant religion of the country.
- It is mainly situated in the Himalayas, but also includes parts of the Indo-Gangetic Plain, bordering the Tibet Autonomous Region of China to the north, and India in the south, east, and west, while it is narrowly separated from Bangladesh by the Siliguri Corridor, and from Bhutan by the Indian state of Sikkim.
- Nepal has a diverse geography, including fertile plains, subalpine forested hills, and eight of the world’s ten tallest mountains, including Mount Everest, the highest point on Earth. Nepal is a multi-ethnic, multi-lingual, multi-religious and multi-cultural state, with Nepali as the official language. Kathmandu is the nation’s capital and the largest city.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu;
- Nepal Currency: Nepalese rupee;
- Nepal President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari.
Find More International News Here