India’s public broadcaster Prasar Bharati unveiled its new logo on July 11, 2022, in its silver jubilee year. The new logo was released by the secretary of I&B Apurva Chandra, secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) in the presence of Mayank Kumar Agrawal, CEO, Prasar Bharati, DPS Negi, Member (Finance), Prasar Bharati, and officers of Ministry of I&B and Prasar Bharati.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The organization started as All India Radio (AIR) in the past and Doordarshan (DD) was born to cater to television services later and finally came Prasar Bharati (PB) by the enactment of an act by the parliament, which is visualized in the logo identity as emerging and evolving from the centre.
The new logo:
- The elements in the central circle and map of India signify the service of trust, security, and perfection to the Nation, its colour, ‘Dark Moderate Blue’ represents both the sky and the sea and is associated with open spaces, freedom, intuition, imagination, inspiration, and sensitivity, the broadcaster said in an official statement.
- Blue also represents meanings of depth, trust, loyalty, sincerity, wisdom, confidence, stability, faith, and intelligence.
- The colour blue also pays tribute to the Indian ethos and traditions associated with religious figures, and mythological characters found in the Indian miniature paintings.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Prasar Bharati CEO: Shashi Shekhar Vempati (2017–);
- Prasar Bharati Founded: 23 November 1997;
- Prasar Bharati Headquarters: New Delhi.