NITI Aayog and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands have collaborated on energy transition efforts since 2020. Their joint report, released during India Energy Week on February 6, 2024, focuses on the adoption of LNG as a transportation fuel in medium and heavy commercial vehicles (MHCVs) in India.
- Shri. Suman Bery, Vice Chairperson, NITI Aayog, Government of India
- H.E. Frederik Wisselink, Energy Envoy, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Shri Praveen Mal Khanooja, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- H.E. Mrs. Marisa Gerards, Ambassador, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in India, Nepal, and Bhutan
- Ms. Mansi Tripathy, Chairman, SHELL Group of companies, India & VP, Lubricants, Asia Pacific
- Shri Kamal Kishore Chatiwal, Managing Director, Indraprastha Gas Limited
Challenges and Barriers: The report identifies obstacles to LNG adoption in India’s MHCV segment, addressing issues such as infrastructure limitations and regulatory frameworks.
Roadmap of Actionable Solutions: It offers a structured plan to overcome challenges, emphasizing the necessity of transparent implementation frameworks and near-term goals for demand creation and market seeding.
NITI Aayog and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands aim to expand their partnership beyond energy transition to include sustainability initiatives, particularly focusing on the circular economy.