Nokia has partnered with the Indian Institute of Science to set up the Nokia Center of Excellence in networked robotics at IISc Bengaluru. The Center of Excellence (CoE) will promote inter-disciplinary research involving robotics and advanced communication technologies in 5G and Artificial Intelligence (AI). It will also develop use cases across industrial automation, agriculture and disaster management.
About the center:
- The center will facilitate engagement and cooperation between academia, start-ups and industry ecosystem partners to research and develop these use cases. The research projects undertaken by the CoE will include the design of advanced robotics, AI and automation solutions built upon next-generation telecom networks and their applications for solving societally relevant problems.
- Nokia has been present in India since the last 22 years and deployed all technologies that have been used for mobile communication starting from 2G in 2000, 3G in 2011, 4G in 2012 and gearing up for commercial 5G.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Nokia President: Pekka Lundmark;
- Nokia CEO: Pekka Lundmark;
- Nokia Founded: 12 May 1865;
- Nokia Headquarters: Espoo, Finland.