The 94th Academy Awards returned to the Dolby Theater in Hollywood as the top films from the last year were honoured by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The show was hosted by Regina Hall, Amy Schumer and Wanda Sykes, the first time the award ceremony has had multiple hosts since Anne Hathaway and James Franco co-hosted the 83rd instalment in 2011.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The 94th Academy Awards are honouring the films released between January 1 and December 31, 2021. The nominations were announced on February 8, by actors Tracee Ellis Ross and Leslie Jordan.
- Netflix’s The Power of the Dog leads the race with 12 nominations followed by sci-fi epic Dune, with 10 nods. Indian documentary Writing With Fire is also nominated for Best Documentary (Feature).
- Awards will be presented across 23 categories, which are determined based on voting by members of the Academy.
- This time, there are two new categories- Oscars Fan Favorite Award and Oscars Cheer Moment, which will be decided by fan voting, which was done online between February 14 and March 3, 2022.
Check out the full list of winners
- Best Actor in a Leading Role: Will Smith, “King Richard”
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye)
- Best Picture: CODA
- Best International Feature Film: Drive My Car
- Documentary Short Subject: The Queen of Basketball
- Best Directing: Jane Campion (The Power of the Dog)
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)’
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Troy Kotsur (CODA)
- Best Makeup & Hairstyling: The Eyes of Tammy Faye
- Best Cinematography: Dune
- Best Original Score: Hans Zimmer (Dune)
- Best Visual Effects: Dune
- Best Animated Feature Film: Encanto
- Best Animated Short Film: The Windshield Wiper
- Best Costume Design: Cruella
- Best Original Screenplay: Kenneth Branagh (Belfast)
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Sian Heder (Coda)
- Best Live Action Short Film: The Long Goodbye
- Best Sound: Dune
- Best Documentary Feature: “Summer of Soul (…Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised)”
- Best Original Song: “No Time To Die” from “No Time to Die,” music and lyric by Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell
- Best Production Design: Dune
- Best Film Editing: Dune