Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Parshottam Rupala, inaugurated the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying’s pavilion on the World Food India event 2023. The event was not only a celebration of India’s rich food culture but also a testament to the nation’s commitment to sustainable agriculture and livestock practices.
Partnership in Progress
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying played a pivotal role as a partner department in the World Food India event, showcasing its dedication to the advancement of the livestock and dairy sector.
- Joining Minister Parshottam Rupala at the inauguration was Minister for State of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Dr. L. Murugan, demonstrating the collective effort of the Ministry to foster growth and innovation in this crucial domain.
A Distinguished Chief Guest
- The function held during the event received an exceptional guest of honor in the form of the President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu. Her presence at the event underlined the significance of the livestock and dairy sector in India’s agricultural landscape.
Innovations on Display
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying’s pavilion offers a comprehensive view of its major schemes, programs, new initiatives, and innovative technologies within the livestock and dairy sector.
- With 20 stalls featuring a diverse range of participants, including the National Dairy Development Board, start-ups, and companies dedicated to animal husbandry and dairy, the pavilion was a testament to the sector’s dynamism and evolution.
The “Selfie Point” and Live Demonstrations
- The pavilion’s attractions included a unique “Selfie Point” and live demonstrations of various innovative products by start-ups and established companies.
- This interactive approach engaged visitors and allowed them to experience the sector’s advancements firsthand.
Promoting Technological Advancements
- The exhibition highlighted the Department’s commitment to promoting technological advancements and facilitating the growth and development of the sector. It showcased how technology can be harnessed to enhance livestock and dairy practices, ensuring better productivity and sustainability.
Empowering Women in the Livestock and Dairy Sector
- The Department also organized a knowledge session on the 4th of November, titled “Fostering Women Leadership: Advancing equality and empowerment for effective change in animal husbandry & dairy.”
- This session emphasized the critical role women play in the food processing industry, particularly in the primary production of milk, meat, and eggs.
- The knowledge session celebrated and acknowledged the invaluable contributions of women in the development and progress of the livestock and dairy sector, emphasizing their role as catalysts for positive change.