PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 Launched: The PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 will be launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute in New Delhi. More than 13,500 farmers from all around the country and about 1,500 agri entrepreneurs are expected to attend the two-day event.
PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 Launched: Key Points
- The Prime Minister will officially open 600 Pradan Mantri Kisan Samruddhi Kendras (PMKSK) under the ministry of chemicals and fertilisers.
- PMKSK will provide agri-inputs like fertilisers, seeds, and implements; testing facilities for soil, seeds, and fertilisers; awareness-raising activities for farmers; details on various government programmes; and regular capacity building for retailers at block/district level outlets.
- These activities will meet a wide range of farmer needs.
- In the country, a progressive conversion of more than 3.3 lakh retail fertiliser stores into PM Kisan Samman Sammelan Kendras (PMKSK) is envisaged.
PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022: Other Inaugurations
- During the occasion, the PM will also introduce the One Nation One Fertilizer initiative, Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana.
- In order to assist businesses in marketing fertilisers under the single brand name “Bharat,” he will introduce Bharat Urea Bags.
- Direct benefit transfer will be used to distribute the 12th instalment payment under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) for the welfare of farmers.
- Additionally, the PM will open the Agri Startup Conclave and Exhibition, where about 300 firms will present their cutting-edge farming innovations.
- The occasion will also see the launch of the fertiliser-focused e-magazine “Indian Edge.”