Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate and launch various developmental projects in Gujarat’s Mehsana district, valued at ₹5,950 crore. The two-day visit includes paying homage to India’s first deputy prime minister, Sardar Patel, at the Statue of Unity in Ektanagar.
- The projects span several government departments, including Indian Railways, Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation (GRIDE), Water Resources, Water Supply, Roads and Buildings, and Urban Development.
- These projects benefit districts like Mehsana, Ahmedabad, Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Mahisagar, Gandhinagar, and Patan.
- 8 of the 16 projects will be inaugurated.
- In Mehsana, the Western dedicated freight corridor and an expanded railway line in Ahmedabad will be inaugurated.
- Gujarat Railway Infrastructure Development Corporation will launch a railway project benefiting the Mandal-Bechraji Special Investment Zone.
- Lake recharging and Valasana barrage in Mehsana.
- Lift Irrigation Project in Mahisagar.
- Water supply projects in Banaskantha and Mehsana.
- Dharoi Augmentation Part-II in Mehsana.
- Four-laning of Naroda-Dahegam-Harsol-Dhansura road in Sabarkantha.
Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM Modi will visit the Statue of Unity in Ektanagar and participate in National Unity Day celebrations.
- He will inaugurate various development projects and tourism attractions, including the Green Initiative.
Green Initiative Projects
- E-buses, public bike-sharing, city gas distribution, and golf carts for tourists.
- A 4 MW solar panel system.
- Visitors’ center with essential amenities for tourists.
- Kamalam Park with a dragon fruit nursery.
- Daily live-streaming of the Narmada Aarti ritual on YouTube.
These initiatives aim to promote development, tourism, and conservation in the region, in line with the Green Initiative’s focus on nature, water, and culture.