Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the second phase of Saansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 via video conferencing. Saansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 has been organized in Basti district, Uttar Pradesh by Harish Dwivedi, Member of Parliament from Basti since 2021.
The Khel Mahakumbh includes various competitions in both indoor and outdoor sports like wrestling, kabaddi, kho kho, basketball, football, hockey, volleyball, handball, chess, carrom, badminton, table tennis, etc. There are several other competitions including essay writing, painting, rangoli making, etc are also organized during the Khel Mahakumbh.
PM Modi Inaugurated Second Phase of Sansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23- Key Points
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has noted that Basti is the pious land of Maharishi Vashist which is made up of labor and meditation, asceticism, and renunciation.
- PM Modi has also appreciated the scale of Khel Mahakumbh and expressed hope that India’s traditional expertise in sports will get a new wing through such events.
- He informed that about 200 Parliamentarians have organized such Khel Mahakumbh in their constituencies.
- As Member of Parliament from Kashi, Shri Modi informed that such events are being organized in Varanasi also.
- Prime Minister also informed that through these games, performing athletes are being picked up for further training under the Sports Authority of India.
- The Prime Minister has expressed his happiness that about 40,000 athletes are participating in the Khel Mahakumbh, three times more than the last year.
- Highlight of the event is the participation of girls in the Sansad Khel Mahakumbh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed the belief that the daughters of Basti, Purvanchal, Uttar Pradesh, and all over India will showcase their talent and skills on a global stage.