Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched nine highway projects and Optical Fibre Internet Services in Bihar. The optical fibre services are being provided under the scheme “Ghar Tak Fibre”. These services are to be executed along with combined efforts of Common Service Centre.
The project is to be implemented Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the scheme “Ghar Tak Fibre”. The project will connect 45,945 villages in the state and will thus enable the Digital revolution to reach the farthest corner of Bihar.
About “Ghar Tak Fibre” scheme
- The scheme aims to provide optical fibre enabled internet connections to every home in the country, concentrating on the village and rural areas.
- During his 74th independence-day address, PM Modi had said that over 1.5 lakh village panchayats have received optical fibre connections after 2014 under the scheme.
- The CSC Wi-Fi Choupal is an initiative to provide high-speed internet connectivity to rural India. It ensures digital connectivity using Bharat Net.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Bihar: Nitish Kumar; Governor: Phagu Chauhan.
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology: Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao.