PM Modi’s US Visit: Key Highlights So Far
Grand Arrival and Engaging with the Indian Diaspora: PM Modi’s visit to the US began with a grand arrival at Lotte New York Palace hotel, where he was greeted with chants of ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai.’ He also interacted with the Indian diaspora, graciously giving autographs to representatives.
- Meeting with Elon Musk: A highlight of the visit was PM Modi’s meeting with Tesla CEO Elon Musk. Musk described their conversation as excellent and expressed his plans to visit India in 2024, indicating the potential for future collaborations between India and Tesla.
- Engagements with Prominent Personalities: PM Modi had insightful meetings with notable personalities during his time in New York. He met author and academic professor Robert Thurman, essayist and statistician Professor Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Nobel laureate Professor Paul Romer, American investor Ray Dalio, and astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson. These interactions focused on various topics, including resilience, risk-taking, India’s response to COVID-19, and strengthening international partnerships.
- State Dinner Hosted by President Biden: PM Modi’s visit includes a state dinner hosted by President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden on June 22. This prestigious event serves as a platform for further discussions and deepening the bilateral relationship between India and the United States.
- Address to the Joint Session of the US Congress: As part of his visit, PM Modi will deliver an address to the joint session of the US Congress on June 22. This provides an opportunity for him to share India’s perspectives and strengthen ties with the legislative branch of the US government.
- Talks with President Biden: PM Modi will also hold talks with President Joe Biden in Washington D.C. These discussions will focus on consolidating bilateral cooperation and engagement in plurilateral forums such as the G20, Quad, and Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF).
International Yoga Day Message: Ahead of the special event at the UN headquarters, PM Modi shared a message on International Yoga Day, highlighting the global spirit of Yoga and its unifying power. He emphasized the participation of millions of people worldwide in Yoga activities, guided by the theme of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (world is one family).