President of India, Ram Nath Kovind presented the Swachh Survekshan Awards 2021 at the Swachh Amrit Mahotsav organised by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in New Delhi. 2021 is the 6th edition of Swachh Survekshan awards in which as many as 4,320 cities were surveyed. The cities are ranked based on three parameters, which are service level progress (SLP), certifications and citizen’s voice.
Once again, Indore has been adjudged as the cleanest city of India for the fifth consecutive year. Indore is followed by Surat in Gujarat at second place and Vijaywada in Andhra Pradesh in the third position.
Here is the complete List of Award-Winning Cities:
- Cleanest City: Indore
- Cleanest Ganga town: Varanasi
- Cleanest State (with more than 100 urban local bodies): Chhattisgarh
- Cleanest State (with less than 100 urban local bodies): Jharkhand
- Cleanest City (with less than one lakh population): Vita city of Maharashtra
- Cleanest small city (1-3 lakh population): New Delhi Municipal Council
- Cleanest medium city (3-10 lakh population): Noida
- Cleanest big city’ (10-40 lakh population): Navi Mumbai
- Cleanest cantonment board: Ahmedabad cantonment
- Cleanest District: Surat
- Fastest Mover small city: Hoshangawad, Madhya Pradesh
- Best Small City in Citizens’ Feedback: Triputi, Maharashtra
- Top city in Safaimitra Suraksha Challenge: Navi Mumbai