Rameshbabu Praggnanandha born on 10tg August 2005, is an Indian Grandmaster and chess epitome. At a young age, he has been traveling worldwide and traveled to 30 countries now to showcase his talent. He has played jaw-dropping matches with some prominent faces in chess. At the age of 16, he became the youngest player ever to defeat the world champion, Magnus Carlsen, on 22nd February 2022 at Airthings Masters Rapid Chess Tournament. He again defeated Carlsen, at the Chessable Masters Online rapid chess tournament on 20th May 2022. It was his second win again the world champion Magnus Carlsen within 3 months.
ipl schedule 2022
Rameshbabu Praggnanandha: Chess carrier
- In 2013, Praggnanandha won the World Youth Chess Championship under-8 title.
- At the age of 7, he earned the title of FIDE master.
- In 2015, he also won the under-10 title.
- In 2016, Praggnanandha, at the age of 10, was titled the youngest international master in history.
- In 2017 November, he achieved his first Grandmaster norm at the world junior chess championship.
- In April 2018, he gained his second norm Herakleion Fischer Memorial Grandmaster norm tournament in Greece.
- On 23rd June 2018, he achieved his third and final norm at the Gredine Open in Urtijei, Italy. He defeated Luca Moroni in the eighth round to become the second-youngest person ever to achieve the rank of Grandmaster at the age of 12.
- In 2018, Praggnanandha was invited to the Magistral de Leon masters in Spain. He played against Wesley So. The match score was 1 1/2 -1 1/2, in the first game Praggnanandha defeated So, but by the end So managed to win over him.
- In 2018, January, Praggnanandha, tied in third place with GM Alder Escobar Forero and IM Denys Shmelov in the Charlotte Chess center’s winter 2018 GM norm held in Charlotte, North Carolina. He scored 5.0/9.
- In July 2019, at Xtracon Chess Open, held in Denmark, Praggnanandha won by scoring 8 1/2 /10 points.
- On 12th October 2019, he won the World Youth championship under-18 title with a score of 9/11.
- In December 2019, He became the second-youngest person to achieve a rating of 2600 at the age of 14 only.
- In 2021, he won the Polar Challenge, the first leg of the Julius Barr Challenge Chess Tour. It was a rapid online chess event organized by Julius Barr Group and Chess24.com. He won the event on 15.5/19 and this led him to the qualifier of the next Meltwater Championship Chess Tour on 24th April 2021. There he finished the game in 10th place with 7/15. He won against Teimour Radjabov, Jan-Krysztof Duda, Sergey Karjakin, and Johan-Sebastian Christiansen. He also played a match against world champion Magnus Carlsen and the result was a draw.
- In 2021, he entered the Chess World cup 2021 and defeated GM Gabriel Sargissian with 2-0 and advanced to round 4, after he defeated GM Michal Krasenkow. Unfortunately, he was eliminated in the fourth round by Maxime Vachier-Lagrave.
- On 20th February 2022, he won against the world champion Magnus Carlsen and became the third Indian player to win against Magnus in any time format.
- In 2022, Praggnanandha won the Reykjavik Open tournament, held in Iceland.
FAQs related to R Praggnanandha
1. Who is Praggnanandha?
Ans. R. Praggnanandha is India’s Young Grandmaster. He has visited more than 30 countries in this young chess Career. Praggnanandha has won some notable matches in his chess Career and won million hearts at such a young age.
2. How Praggnanandha is leading India to the apex of chess-playing countries?
Ans. Praggnanandha has defeated the greatest players of chess-like Carlsen, at such a young age. He is the fifth-youngest person to achieve the title of Grandmaster.
3. When did Praggnanandha win the World Youth Chess Championship?
Ans. In 2013, at the age of 8, Praggnanandha won the youth World championship, under-eight title.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams