Ranji Trophy final
Saurashtra defeated Bengal by nine wickets to clinch its second Ranji Trophy 2022-23 title at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. Saurashtra won their second Ranji Trophy title at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. Saurashtra won the Ranji Trophy title for the first time in 2019-20.
Ranji Trophy final: Brief Scores
- Bengal – 174 and 241 in 70.4 overs (Manoj Tiwary 68, Anustup Majumdar 61; Jaydev Unadkat 6/85, Chetan Sakariya 3/76).
- Saurashtra– 404 and 14/1 in 2.4 overs.
Key points of the Match:
- Saurashtra needed 14 runs to win, which they achieved at the loss of 1 wicket in 2.4 overs.
- Jaydev Unadkat and Chetan Sakariya, who were the heroes of Saurashtra’s victory, together broke the back of Bengal’s batting, and the team could only manage 241 runs in the second innings.
- Unadkat took 9 wickets, while Chetan Sakaria took 6 wickets.
- Saurashtra won the toss in the match and decided to bowl first.
- Bengal could score only 174 runs in the first innings while batting.
- Unadkat took three wickets while Chetan Sakaria also took three wickets. Chirag Jani and DA Jadeja got two wickets each.
- Saurashtra then took a huge lead over Bengal by scoring 404 runs in the first innings.
- The second innings was also poor for Bengal and the team could only manage 241 runs. In such a situation, he could get a slight lead of 11 runs over Saurashtra.
- Saurashtra captain Unadkat was adjudged man of the match for his nine-wicket haul in the match, while teammate Arpit Vasavada was adjudged player of the Ranji season.
You may also read this: