The State Bank of India has launched a video life certificate service for pensioners. This new facility will allow pensioners to submit their life certificates via video from their homes. This facility is available for pensioners (other than family pensioners). Thus, the spouse of the pensioner receiving a pension from the government will not be able to use this facility.
About the facility:
- As per SBI, the process of video life certificate is paperless and free of cost.
- It is important for pensioners and family pensioners to submit their life certificates before November 30 every year to avoid their pensions getting suspended.
- If the life certificate is not submitted by the pensioner, then he/she will stop receiving his/her pension. If you are a pensioner with a pension account with SBI, here is how you can use the video facility to submit your Jeevan Patra before the deadline.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- SBI Chairperson: Dinesh Kumar Khara.
- SBI Headquarters: Mumbai.
- SBI Founded: 1 July 1955.