The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between State Bank of India (SBI) and the Indian Air Force for the Defence Salary Package (DSP) plan has been extended, according to SBI. All active-duty and former members of the Air Force, as well as their families, will be eligible for a number of advantages and features under this programme from the nation’s largest lender.
- Later that day, two additional state-owned institutions, Bank of Baroda (BoB) and Punjab National Bank (PNB), also announced agreements offering a range of goods to active-duty and retired members of the IAF.
- In a press release, SBI stated that as part of its agreement with the IAF, it will provide the Air Force’s members with a wide range of advantages, including free personal accidental insurance, free air accidental insurance, and enhanced coverage in the event of an on-duty death.
- The bank claimed that in the event of an Air Force member’s passing, the family of the dead would be given additional coverage for the female child’s wedding and education.
- In addition, regardless of age, retired staff will be qualified for free personal accidental insurance. Pensioners’ families would be eligible for a range of benefits.
- All Air Force personnel who are covered by SBI’s Defense Salary Package will automatically receive the enhanced benefits outlined in the MoU, according to SBI.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- State Bank of India (SBI) chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Chief of the Air Staff: Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari