The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up an Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS) to enhance technological capabilities and explore suitable technology solutions for the early detection of market anomalies. ALeRTS is a 7-member committee headed by Madhabi Puri Buch, a former whole-time member of SEBI and has experts from various technology domains as members.
About the ALeRTS:
- ALeRTS will recommend future roadmaps and improvements in the various ongoing technology projects. It will also guide SEBI in designing and framing requirements for the different in-house systems
- In addition, the committee has also been constituted “to guide SEBI from a domain perspective, in ascertaining the adequacy of SupTech / RegTech tools envisaged/proposed to be used in-house for improving its capabilities,”.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Securities and Exchange Board of India Founded: 12 April 1992.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India Headquarters: Mumbai.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India Agency executive: Ajay Tyagi.