Flight Lieutenant, Shivangi Singh to become the first woman fighter pilot of India to fly the Rafale combat aircraft that was formally inducted into the Indian Air Force(IAF) September 10, 2020. She is one of the 10 Indian women fighter pilots in IAF. Five Rafale Aircraft were formally inducted into the IAF’s 17 Squadron ‘Golden Arrows’ on September 10, 2020, at a function held at Air Force Station, Ambala (Haryana).
About Shivangi Singh:
- Shivangi hails from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Shivangi Singh was among the 2nd batch of women fighter pilots who were commissioned in 2017.
- After joining IAF, she has been flying the MiG-21 Bison aircraft. Currently, she is undergoing training and will soon join Golden Arrows.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Indian Air Force Chief of the Air Staff (CAS): Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria.
- The motto of the Indian Air Force: Touch the sky with Glory.