Elon Musk owned private rocket company, SpaceX successfully tested its Starship prototype rocket “SN10 “ after two recent failed attempts. SpaceX launched the rocket prototype, to an altitude of 10,000 kilometres and then landed back on the ground. However, the rocket exploded about six minutes after landing. But this test launch is deemed successful because the goal of this launch was to gather information on how the flaps work to control the rocket when it is horizontal as it is falling back to earth.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the “SN10“:
- The SN10 is an early prototype of the Starship Mars rocket of SpaceX which aims to get people and payloads to the moon, Mars and other distant destinations.
- This rocket is also a part of the company’s strategy to phase out its other flight hardware including, the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy rockets and Dragon cargo and crew capsules, and let Starship shoulder the entire load.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- SpaceX founder & CEO: Elon Musk.
- SpaceX president & COO: Gwynne Shotwell.
- SpaceX Founded: 2002.
- SpaceX Headquarters: California, United States of America.