On National Sports Day, the Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry will host the “Meet the Champion project” in 26 schools across the nation. Nikhat Zareen, who won gold medals at the Commonwealth Games and the World Championships, Bhavina Patel, who won a medal at the Paralympics, and Manpreet Singh, who won a medal at the Tokyo Olympics, are just a few of the well-known athletes that will take part in Meet the Champion project.
Meet the Champion project on National Sports Day: Key Points
- Olympic gold medalist Neeraj Chopra launched the innovative school visitation programme “Meet the Champion project” in December 2021.
- Over the past few months, Meet the Champion project has spread to many different areas of the nation.
- The champion athlete gives schoolchildren an overall inspirational boost during the visit by sharing their experiences, life lessons, and dietary advice.
- Anurag Thakur, the minister of youth affairs and sports, and Dharmendra Pradhan, the minister of education, will also engage in an unique virtual interaction with a few Fit India and sports icons of the nation in the evening of Meet the Champion project.
- They’ll talk about how important sports and fitness are in India. Nisith Pramanik, minister of state for youth affairs and sports, will also speak at the Meet the Champion project event.
- The Sports Authority of India will also commemorate National Sports Day this year under the subject “Sports as an enabler for an inclusive and fit society” as part of the FIT INDIA programme.
Meet the Champion project: Important Takeaways
- Minister of youth affairs and Sports: Shri Anurag Thakur
- Minister of Education: Shri Dharmendra Pradhan
- Minister of state for youth affairs and sports: Shri Nisith Pramanik