The Ministry of Steel said that it has joined the PM Gati Shakti Portal and uploaded the geo coordinates of important projects in an effort to detect and address connection gaps in the infrastructure. According to a press release, the ministry registered itself on the National Master Plan portal with the help of the Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-informatics (BiSAG-N) app.
- All of the central public-sector enterprises’ (CPSE) steel plants’ geolocations have been published to the portal. All of these CPSEs‘ mine locations were in the process of being uploaded.
- The ministry also intends to post the locations of the country’s more than 2,000 steel production facilities.
- Future updates will also provide more pertinent information, such as production capacity and product specifics for each unit and mine.
- 38 high-impact projects have been chosen by the steel ministry to create multimodal connectivity and fill in infrastructural shortages.
- In order to bring together various ministries for coordinated planning of infrastructure connectivity projects, the Prime Minister introduced the Gati Shakti – National Master Plan for Infrastructure Development in October 2021.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister of Steel: Sh. Ram Chandra Prasad Singh