Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMB) has bagged the Best Small Bank award in the Best Banks survey for the year 2022. The Best Banks survey was conducted by Business Today- KPMG (BT-KPMG Best Banks Survey). The bank has won the Best Small Bank Award under the category of banks with a book size of less than Rs 1 Lakh crore.
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited Awarded with the Best Bank Award- Key Points
- The BT-KPMG is conducting the survey and awarding the best banks for the past 27 years with 37 parameters for declaring a bank as an awardee.
- TBM has shown its performance to come up as a topper in the respective categories.
- The award function was held in Mumbai, on 13th January 2023.
- On behalf of TMB, MD and CEO Shri S Krishnan has received the awards from Union Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- In the award ceremony, Union Minister of State for Finance Shri Bhagwat Krishnarao Karad and RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das appreciated the bankers.
About Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMB) was founded in 1921 as the Nadar Bank, later it was changed to Tamilnad Mercantile Bank in 1962. TMB is one of the fastest-growing private sector banks continuously for five years from 2010 to 2015. It was also rated as the Best Bank in the years 2013, 2014, and 2015.