On the eve of the State Agriculture and Horticulture Ministers’ Conference in Bengaluru, Karnataka, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, unveiled the Platform of Platforms (POP) under the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM). A total of 1,018 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) received equity grants totaling more than Rs 37 crore, which will help 3.5 lakh farmers.
- Along with Shri Tomar, other dignitaries in attendance included Shri Basavaraj Bommai, the Chief Minister of Karnataka, Shri Basavaraj Bommai, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, the Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers, and Ms. Shobha Karandlaje and Shri Kailash Choudhary, the Union Ministers of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, respectively, Shri BC Patil, the Agriculture Minister of Karnataka, and other senior officers.
- Farmers will now have easier access to markets outside of their own states thanks to POP.
- In order to improve the price search mechanism and quality commensurate with price realisation, this would expand farmers’ digital access to a wider range of marketplaces, buyers, and service providers as well as provide transparency to business transactions.
- POP covers 41 service providers from multiple platforms who provide a range of value chain services, such as trade, quality assurance, warehousing, fintech, market intelligence, transportation, etc.
- A digital ecosystem that will be created by the POP will profit from the knowledge of many platforms in various areas of the agricultural value chain.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare: Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Chief Minister of Karnataka: Shri Basavaraj Bommai
- Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers: Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya
- Union Ministers of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare: Ms. Shobha Karandlaje and Shri Kailash Choudhary