Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs, is setting up an Atmanirbhar Bharat corner in 75 Indian Missions/ Embassies across the world in the next 3 months. The first such Atma Nirbhar Bharat corner was successfully inaugurated at Indian Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand on August 15, 2021. Apart from this, TRIFED will also be establishing Atmanirbhar corners in 75 embassies of foreign countries set up in India.
As India moves ahead with its strategy for India@75 and focuses on converting development into a mass movement, TRIFED is working with its roots in ground realities and emphasizing the welfare both in design and implementation. With the focus on “Vocal for Local” and building an “Atmanirbhar Bharat”, TRIFED is undertaking several activities, while re-dedicating its efforts towards tribal empowerment.
- The 75 countries include Jamaica, Ireland, Turkey, Kenya, Mongolia, Israel, Finland, France, and Canada, Singapore, Russia, the US, Indonesia, Greece and Cyprus among others.
- The corner will be an exclusive space to promote GI tagged tribal art and craft products besides natural and organic products.
- TRIFED will also be establishing Atmanirbhar corners in 75 embassies of foreign countries in India.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Minister of Tribal Affairs: Arjun Munda;
- TRIFED was established on the 6th of August 1987.