Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the “Shikshak Parv-2021” and addressed the inaugural conclave through a video conference. The theme of ‘Shikshak Parv-2021’ is “Quality and Sustainable Schools: Learnings from Schools in India”. The event was organised by the Ministry of Education, will continue to be celebrated from September 07 to 17, 2021.
The objective of the Shikshak Parv-2021 is to encourage innovative practices to ensure not only continuity of education at all levels but to improve quality, inclusive practices and sustainability in the schools across the country as well.
As a part of the event, PM launched five key schemes under the National Education Policy, NEP 2020. These included:
- Indian Sign Language Dictionary (audio and text embedded sign language video for the hearing impaired, in conformity with Universal Design of Learning)
- Talking Books (audiobooks for the visually impaired)
- School Quality Assurance and Assessment Framework of CBSE
- NISHTHA teachers’ training programme for NIPUN Bharat
- Vidyanjali 2.0 portal (platform for non-teaching professionals to contribute to increasing the quality of education in government schools.)