The Board of Directors of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank appointed Ittira Davis as the MD and CEO of the bank. Davis has been appointed as the MD and CEO for a period of 3 years from the date of approval of the RBI or such other period as may be approved by RBI. Davis was the MD and CEO of Ujjivan Financial Services Limited from July 2018 from where he resigned in 2021.
About the Ittira Davis:
- Davis has a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) and is an international banker with over 40 years of banking experience. He worked extensively in India, the Middle East and Europe.
- He was with the Europe Arab Bank from July 2008 to October 2012 initially as the Managing Director – Corporate and Institutional Banking and then as an Executive Director.
- Davis has also previously worked with Citibank in India and the Arab Bank Group in the Middle East and has been associated with Ujjivan since 2015. He played a pivotal role in its transition into a Small Finance Bank.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Headquarters: Bengaluru;
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Founder: Samit Ghosh;
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Founded: 28 December 2004.