The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) announced that Sanjiv Mehta, the Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), will be appointed as its President. Mehta, presently the Senior Vice President of FICCI, will be succeeding media industry veteran Uday Shankar. Mehta is also the President of Unilever South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka & Nepal), and is a member of the ‘Unilever Leadership Executive’ which is Unilever’s Global Executive Board.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Some facts about Sanjiv Mehta
- Mr Mehta has done his Bachelors in Commerce (India), Chartered Accountancy (India) and has also completed his Advanced Management Program (Harvard Business School).
- Mr Mehta is married to Mona Mehta who too is a Chartered Accountant, and they have twin daughters Naina and Roshni who have studied at MIT, Cornell, and Harvard Universities. A firm believer that ‘doing well’ and ‘doing good’ are two sides of the same coin, he propagates the cause of compassionate capitalism.
- Mr Mehta was conferred honorary ‘Doctorate degree in Business Management by Xavier University, Bhubaneswar.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- FICCI Founded: 1927;
- FICCI Headquarters: New Delhi;
- FICCI President: Harshavardhan Neotia;
- FICCI Secretary General: Arun Chawla.