The government has appointed A Manimekhalai as managing director of Union Bank of India. Canara Bank executive director Manimekhalai replaced Rajkiran Rai G, who retired on May 31 after a five-year stint. With her assuming the charge, Manimekhalai becomes the first woman managing director of Union Bank of India.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the Manimekhalai:
- Manimekhalai, a Master of Business Administration degree holder from Bangalore University, joined erstwhile Vijaya Bank as Officer in 1988.
- Prior to being elevated as ED of Canara Bank, she was General Manager of Vijaya Bank and headed the Bangalore north region.
- She was instrumental in devising and implementing strategic policies, covering core areas like strategic planning, setting organisational goals, growth strategies, action plans, compliance, internal control, etc.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Union Bank of India Headquarters: Mumbai;
- Union Bank of India Founded: 11 November 1919.