Uttar Pradesh tops charts for mobile gaming
Uttar Pradesh (UP) has emerged as the top location for mobile gamers, followed by Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Bihar, and West Bengal, according to the India Mobile Gaming Report 2022 issued by the gaming platform Mobile Premier League (MPL).
Uttar Pradesh tops charts for mobile gaming: Key Points
- Among the most popular games played by participants were Ludo Dice, Snakes and Ladders, Carrom, Fruit Dart, Block Puzzle, and Poker.
- India overtook Japan as the top user of mobile games in 2016. The Indian gaming market was worth $2.6 billion in the fiscal year 2022 with over 15 billion downloads, and with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27%, it would increase to $8.6 billion by 2027.
- Tier 2 and 3 cities have quickly risen to the top, unseating gaming hotspots like the metropolises like Mumbai and Bangalore thanks to the tremendous increase in mobile gaming and other online leisure activities.
- Contrary to last year, when Delhi led the pack in user growth, metro areas don’t have any representation among the top 10 gaming cities.
- This development demonstrates the widespread acceptance of mobile gaming outside of urban centres, according to the study.
Which cities of Uttar Pradesh have the highest gaming numbers?
According to the research, 36% of all games in the state were played in Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, Ghaziabad, and Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh. The second year, 2022, saw Lucknow rank among the top cities and outperform all major cities.
What is the gaming ratio in other states?
- Pune is the leading city in Maharashtra’s second sport for video game growth, followed by Mumbai, Thane, Nagpur, and Nashik.
- Rajasthan came in third, with Jaipur outpacing Jodhpur by a factor of 200 more players.
- Due to the popularity of mobile gaming in recent years, gaming in Bihar has significantly increased in Muzaffarpur, Gaya, Darbhanga, and Bhagalpur. In terms of gaming population, Kolkata, Midnapore, Murshidabad, Howrah, and Darjeeling helped West Bengal take fifth place.
- Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, and Himachal Pradesh saw the most increases in mobile gaming in 2022 compared to 2021.
- On a year-over-year basis, Odisha saw a growth of 55%, followed by Punjab at 53%, Tamil Nadu at 42%, Puducherry at 38%, and Himachal Pradesh at 23%.