Uttarakhand government has decided to develop one Sanskrit-speaking village in each of the 13 districts in the state. Citizens of these villages will be trained by experts to use the ancient Indian language as a medium of daily communication, Uttarakhand’s Minister for Sanskrit Education.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Sanskrit teachers will be sent to the selected villages to teach locals how to communicate in the language. They will also be taught the Vedas and the Puranas to help them acquire proficiency in Sanskrit. To be called ”Sanskrit Gram”, each of these villages will be a centre of ancient Indian culture
- Sanskrit is the second official language of Uttarakhand. The first language is Hindi.
- Uttarakhand is the first state in the country to launch an initiative on this scale to promote Sanskrit. There is only one Sanskrit-speaking village in the state of Karnataka.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami;
- Uttarakhand Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer);
- Uttarakhand Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh.