Vijay Hazare Trophy Final
Saurashtra beat Maharashtra by 5 wickets in the final to win the Vijay Hazare Trophy at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. They restricted Maharashtra at 248/9 in 50 overs as captain Ruturaj Gaikwad hit a century, scoring 108 off 131 balls after a slow start. Saurashtra bowler Chirag Jani claimed a hat-trick in the match. Man of the moment is Sheldon Jackson
Chasing the target of 249, Saurashtra started off cautiously before the openers sitiched a 125-run partnership. Batter Shledon Jackson held one end as wickets tumbled around him. He scored a match-winning 133 off 136 balls to help Saurashtra chase down the target in 46.3 overs, with five wickets to spare. It was Saurashtra’s second title triumph in history.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Notably: The win enhanced Jaydev Unadkat’s credentials as captain, he had led Saurashtra to their first Ranji Trophy title in 2019-2020. He also finished at the top of the wicket-taking charts in the Vijay Hazare Trophy with 19 strikes to his name.
Full List of Award Winners:
- Player of the match in the final: Sheldon Jackson (133 runs in 135 Balls)
- Player of the tournament: Ruturaj Gaikwad (Games: 5; Runs: 660; Avg: 220)
- Most Runs: N Jagadeesan (Tamil Nadu): 830runs, 8 innings
- Highest Score: N Jagadeesan – 277 off 141 balls vs Arunachal Pradesh
- Most Fours: N Jagadeesan – 73 in 8 innings
- Most Sixes: Ruturaj Gaikwad – 34 in 5 innings
- Most Wickets: Vasuki Koushik (Karnataka) – 18 wickets in 9 matches