Vijay Hazare Trophy Final
Saurashtra beat Maharashtra by 5 wickets in the final to win the Vijay Hazare Trophy at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. They restricted Maharashtra at 248/9 in 50 overs as captain Ruturaj Gaikwad hit a century, scoring 108 off 131 balls after a slow start. Saurashtra bowler Chirag Jani claimed a hat-trick in the match. Man of the moment is Sheldon Jackson
Chasing the target of 249, Saurashtra started off cautiously before the openers sitiched a 125-run partnership. Batter Shledon Jackson held one end as wickets tumbled around him. He scored a match-winning 133 off 136 balls to help Saurashtra chase down the target in 46.3 overs, with five wickets to spare. It was Saurashtra’s second title triumph in history.
Notably: The win enhanced Jaydev Unadkat’s credentials as captain, he had led Saurashtra to their first Ranji Trophy title in 2019-2020. He also finished at the top of the wicket-taking charts in the Vijay Hazare Trophy with 19 strikes to his name.
Full List of Award Winners:
- Player of the match in the final: Sheldon Jackson (133 runs in 135 Balls)
- Player of the tournament: Ruturaj Gaikwad (Games: 5; Runs: 660; Avg: 220)
- Most Runs: N Jagadeesan (Tamil Nadu): 830runs, 8 innings
- Highest Score: N Jagadeesan – 277 off 141 balls vs Arunachal Pradesh
- Most Fours: N Jagadeesan – 73 in 8 innings
- Most Sixes: Ruturaj Gaikwad – 34 in 5 innings
- Most Wickets: Vasuki Koushik (Karnataka) – 18 wickets in 9 matches