WPI inflation 4.95 percent in December
In December 2022, the wholesale price-based inflation fell to 4.95 percent, primarily as a result of lower costs for food items and crude oil. Inflation measured by the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) was 5.85% in November 2022 and 14.27% in December 2021.
WPI inflation 4.95 percent in December: Key Points
- In December 2022, the inflation rate for food items was (-)1.25% while it was 18.09% for fuel and electricity.
- According to a statement from the ministry of trade and industry, inflation in manufactured goods was 3.37 percent in the month.
- Declining prices for food items, mineral oils, crude oil, natural gas, textiles, chemicals, and chemical products are the main factors behind the decrease in the inflation rate in December 2022.
Important Takeaways For All Government Exams:
- WPI Inflation, December: 4.95%
- CPI, 2022: 7.1% till Nov, 2022
- Finance Minister of India: Nirmala Sitharaman