The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of Centrally Sponsored Scheme ‘National AYUSH Mission (NAM)’ for another five years. The scheme will now be implemented from April 01, 2021, to March 31, 2026. The Centre has allocated Rs. 4607.30 crore (Rs 3,000 crore as Central Share and Rs. 1607.30 crore as State Share) for the scheme to be invested over five years.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the Scheme:
- The NAM Mission was first launched on 15 September 2014.
- The National AYUSH Mission is being implemented by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- The objective of the mission is to provide cost-effective AYUSH Services by focusing on core competency areas of AYUSH like Ayurveda, Siddha, Sowa Rigpa, Unani and also Homeopathy (ASU&H) which are a treasure house of knowledge for preventive, promotive and curative healthcare.
- The mission involves upgrading AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries, co-location of AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centres (PHCs), Community Health Centres (CHCs), District Hospitals (DHs) and Setting up of up to 50 bedded Integrated AYUSH Hospitals.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Minister of AYUSH: Sarbananda Sonowal.
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees