Dabur India to acquire 51 percent stake in Badshah Masala in a Rs 587.52 crore deal. Dabur India marks its entry into the fast-growing spices and seasoning category. The company signed definitive transaction agreements to acquire 51 percent shareholding of Badshah Masala Pvt Ltd.
Badshah Masala Pvt Ltd is a firm engaged in manufacturing, marketing, and export of ground spices, blended spices, and seasoning. The acquisition is in line with the company’s strategic intent of entering into new adjacent categories in the food space.
Dabur India to acquire 51 percent stake in Badshah Masala-Key Points
- Dabur acquires 51 percent equity shareholding at Rs 587.52 crore.
- The 49 percent of the equity will be acquired after a period of 5 years by Dabur.
- Dabur India aspires to expand its food business to Rs 500 crore in 3 years and expand into new adjacent categories.
- This initiative also marks the entry of Dabur into the over Rs 25,000 crore branded spices and seasoning market in India.
- Dabur also joined the league of other FMCG markers such as Tata Consumer Products Ltd and ITC, Emami, etc.
Dabur Ltd is an Indian Multinational Consumer Goods company, founded by S.K. Burman. It manufactures Ayurvedic medicine and natural consumer products. It is one of the largest FMCG companies in India. Dabur was founded in Kolkata by Dr. S.K. Burman in 1884.
About Badshah Masala
Badshah Masala Pvt Ltd is a firm engaged in manufacturing, marketing, and export of ground spices, blended spices, and seasoning. Badshah Masala Company was founded in 1958. The company is managed by Jhaveri Family. The Managing Director of Badshah Masala is Hemant Jhaveri.