DG Atul Verma gets 3-month extension by CCI
The Government has officially announced that Atul Verma‘s tenure as the Director General of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has been extended for a period of three months. The Director General office is the designated investigation arm of the fair trade regulator.
DG Atul Verma gets 3-month extension by CCI: Key Points
- The extension of Atul Verma’s deputation as Director General has been approved by the competent authority beyond the previous expiry date of May 31.
- The CCI, under the leadership of Atul Verma, is currently in the process of investigating various allegations of anti-competitive practices within various industries, including the technology sector.
- This extension provides Atul Verma with additional time to continue to lead the CCI’s investigations and ensure that the objectives of the competition law are met.
- The role of the CCI is to promote and maintain fair competition within markets in India to benefit consumers and prevent any unfair trade practices.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- CCI Full Form: Competition Commission of India
- CCI Founded: 14th October 2003
- CCI Purpose: The government of India established Competition Commission of India (CCI) in March 2009 under the Competition Act, 2002 for the administration, implementation, and enforcement of the Act.