In New Delhi, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) held a national workshop on the topic of “Ease of Doing Business.” Shri Parameswaran Iyer, CEO of Niti Aaayog, gave the keynote speech at the workshop. Parameswaran Iyer emphasised the significance of India’s ranking on international indexes. Parameswaran Iyer emphasised how the Ease of Doing Business programme, together with other initiatives, took centre stage as one of the most crucial pillars in the effort to make India a desirable investment location.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Ease of Doing Business: Key Points
- The vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for ease of living and Ease of doing Business was also discussed by Shri Iyer.
- By learning from one another, he stated, the whole of government approach should be achieved.
- The prominent panellists emphasised the significance of coordination between the federal and state governments, responsibility distribution among the nodal departments, and effective monitoring as a few pillars that contributed to India’s improvement in the World Bank’s Doing Business Report rankings.
- The panellists also offered insightful commentary on the subsequent wave of changes that will significantly improve the Ease of doing Business throughout the nation.
- Representatives of the governments of Maharashtra and the NCT of Delhi also gave presentations, stressing the changes they had carried out that had helped India’s standing in the World Bank’s Doing Business Report.
Ease of Doing Business Workshop Attendees
- G 20 Sherpa: Shri Amitabh Kant
- CEO Niti Aaayog: Shri Parameswaran Iyer
- Secretary DPIIT: Shri Anurag Jain
- Shri Ramesh Abhishek, former Secretary, DPIIT
- Agriculture Production Commissioner, Government of MP: Shri Shailendra Singh
- Shri Ajay Tirkey, Secretary, Department of Land Resources
- Smt. Manmeet K. Nanda, Jt. Secretary, DPIIT
- Shri Ravinder, Secretary, Health, Government of UP