On a festive occasion at Gyandham School in Vapi, Gujarat, Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, inaugurated 12 Goods and Services Tax (GST) Seva Kendras, showcasing the government’s commitment to enhancing the Ease of Doing Business in the country. Additionally, she recognized and rewarded the participants of the “Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar” (MBMA) scheme, which promotes the culture of generating bills during sales and purchase transactions.
GST Seva Kendras: A Step Towards Ease of Doing Business
- The newly launched GST Seva Kendras, located in key cities like Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Godhra, Vapi, Mehsana, Palanpur, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Junagadh, and Gandhidham, mark a substantial advancement in facilitating GST-related services.
- These centers will serve as dedicated service points for taxpayers, aiming to provide assistance and support regarding Goods and Services Tax-related issues.
- By introducing these state-of-the-art centers, the government is taking concrete steps to simplify and streamline GST-related processes, thereby enhancing the ease of doing business in India.
List of 12 newly launched GST Seva Kendras
Promoting Transparency with Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar Scheme
- The “Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar” (MBMA) scheme, launched by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) on September 1, 2023, has gained significant momentum in promoting transparency and accountability in business transactions.
- This initiative encourages citizens to request a bill from traders or shopkeepers when making a purchase. Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman emphasized that it is not only the right of the consumer to receive a bill but also the duty of the trader or shopkeeper to issue one.
Rewarding Transparency: Cheque Awards for MBMA Participants
- A noteworthy highlight of the event was the presentation of Rs 10 lakh cheque awards to six customers who actively participated in the Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar scheme.
- These winners uploaded their valid GST bills on the app after making a purchase, demonstrating their commitment to promoting transparency and ensuring that their transactions are accurately documented.
- Such incentives aim to motivate more individuals to request bills and actively engage in the MBMA scheme, further strengthening the culture of generating invoices during transactions.
Gujarat Leading the Way
- During her address, Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman applauded Gujarat for taking the lead in establishing these GST Seva Kendras, which she believes will serve as a role model for other states to follow.
- She noted that the implementation of GST was met with initial concerns, but by prioritizing the interests of the people and through collaborative efforts with members of the GST Council in every state, the dream of “One Nation, One Tax” envisioned by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has become a reality.