Fullerton India and One97 Communications Limited, which owns the brand Paytm, have announced a partnership to provide lending products to merchant partners and consumers. With the partnership, the two established institutions will leverage data-driven insights and wide reach to bring credit to new-to-credit users. They aim to co-create innovative merchant loan products using customer payment behaviour and Fullerton’s years of experience of understanding of this segment.
About the program:
- The program will offer Paytm Postpaid (buy-now-pay-later) to millions of consumers on the Paytm platform while utilizing Fullerton’s deep risk assessment capabilities and scale.
- Fullerton India and Paytm will further expand their product offerings to include instant personal loans, which are end-to-end digitally originated and disbursed using Paytm’s technology and Fullerton’s pan India presence.
- The two institutions would establish a wide network, specifically catering to MSMEs across small cities and towns and help them grow their business.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Fullerton India CEO: Shantanu Mitra;
- Fullerton India Founded: 1994;
- Fullerton India Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.