IBM Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Arvind Krishna has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. He will fill the vacancy in the office for the remaining portion of a three-year term ending December 31, 2023.
About the Arvind Krishna:
- Krishna, who has an undergraduate degree from IIT-Kanpur and a PhD from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, has been elected as a Class B director, “representing the public with due but not exclusive consideration to the interests of agriculture, commerce, industry, services, labour, and consumers.
- Prior to his stint as the IBM CEO, the 60-year-old Krishna was Senior Vice President of Cloud and Cognitive Software. He also headed IBM Research. He was the general manager of IBM Systems and Technology Group’s development and manufacturing organisation.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York Established: 1913;
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York President & CEO: John C. Williams;
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York Headquarters: New York, USA.