Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Anurag Thakur has announced that India will be the official Country of Honour at the upcoming Marche’ Du Film, organized alongside the 75th edition of the Cannes Film Festival, in France. The Country of Honour Status thereby ensured India’s presence as Focus Country at the Opening Night of Marche Du Films being organized at the Majestic Beach with a spotlight on India, its cinema, its culture & heritage.
- India is also a “Country of Honour at the Cannes Next, under which 5 new Start-Ups would be given an opportunity to pitch to the Audio-Visual Industry. Ten professionals will participate in the Animation Day networking.
- In another highlight of India’s participation at this edition of the Cannes Film Festival is the World Premiere of the Movie “Rocketry” produced by Shri. R. Madhavan. The movie would be showcased at the Palais des Festivals of the market screening on the 19th of May 2022.
India has been given an opportunity to pitch 5 selected movies at the “Goes to Cannes Section”. These movies are part of the Work In Progress lab under the Film Bazaar :
- Baghjan by Jaicheng Zxai Dohutia – Assamese, Moran
- Bailadila by Shailendra Sahu – Hindi, Chhattisgarhi
- Ek Jagah Apni (A Space of Our Own) by Ektara Collective – Hindi
- Follower by Harshad Nalawade – Marathi, Kannada, Hindi