Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards:
The Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards, also known as “the Oscars of Education,” gave significant recognition to the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M). The best programme awards went to the IIT Madras courses, BS Data Science and NPTEL in partnership with IISc Bangalore. The institute has been awarded and its BS in Data Science and Applications is awarded the silver in the best online programme category. While, the National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), a joint initiative of IITs and IISc, run by IIT Madras, won the gold in the lifelong learning category.
The Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Applications program is a sought-after undergraduate degree that is uniquely designed to address the employability of students in this domain. The programme opens the door to the world of data science and programming where the demand for skilled resources is very high, to anyone from any background and of any age group. This tailor-made programme provides core employment-oriented skills to students.”
About the programme:
- Due to its hybrid teaching and learning approach and ranking as the best online degree programme, the Data Science programme received an award. The NPTEL programme was recognised for giving students a chance for professional and personal growth, including up- and re-skilling.
- More than 15,000 students are enrolled in the Data Science and Applications programme at IIT Madras at various levels. More than two crore students have enrolled in the NPTEL program’s more than 4,000 certification-related courses, and more than 23 lakh have registered for examinations.
- The Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards recognize outstanding achievements of educators, institutions, and organizations that drive innovation and excellence in education.
You may also read:
- Cuban social worker Aleida Guevara received with first KR Gouri Amma national award
- Indian Cyclist Swasti Singh gets 30th Ekalabya Puraskar