The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addressed the valedictory function of the India Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE) via videoconferencing. A circular economy implies reusing waste back into the production cycle to make new products instead of wasting such materials with embedded resources.
The I-ACE was jointly organized by Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, Government of India and Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia. More than 200 participants in 39 teams from India and 33 teams from Australia took part.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Four key themes for the hackathon
- Innovation in packaging reducing packaging waste
- Innovation in food supply chains avoiding waste
- Creating opportunities for plastic waste reduction
- Recycling critical energy metals and e-waste
- To enable the students and startups/MSMEs of both nations in fostering innovative solutions for the development of a circular economy across the food system value chain with the aim of increasing the long-term health and resilience of our planet, through innovative technology solutions.
- I-ACE aims to accelerate the development of young and promising students and startups/MSMEs working towards the creation of a sustainable future.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Prime Minister of Australia: Scott Morrison.
- The currency of Australia: Australian dollar.
- Capital of Australia: Canberra.
Find More Summits and Conferences Here