India’s Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) has launched the ‘National Single Window System (NSWS),’ a unified portal designed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to streamline the import of medical devices. The initiative aims to create a centralized platform for investors, enhancing the ease of doing business. The NSWS, developed by TCS through Invest India, becomes operational from January 1.
Key Features and Scope
- The NSWS serves as a one-stop-shop for all approvals related to the import of medical devices.
- It facilitates applications for certificates of registration and licenses for manufacturing or importing medical devices for various purposes, such as clinical investigations, tests, evaluations, demonstrations, or training.
Transition and Expansion
- Existing portals like SUGAM and cdscomdonline will be disabled by January 15.
- Initially, the NSWS will handle activities under the Medical Devices Rules, 2017, including certificate of registration, manufacturing licenses, and import licenses for specific purposes.
- In the upcoming months, the platform is expected to encompass additional activities related to medical devices.
Important Questions Related to Exams
What is the purpose of the ‘National Single Window System (NSWS)’ launched by India’s CDSCO, and who developed it?
- How does the NSWS aim to simplify the import of medical devices, and what key features does it offer to investors?
- What activities will the NSWS initially handle under the Medical Devices Rules, 2017, and what is the timeline for disabling existing portals?
Explain the role of Invest India and TCS in the development and implementation of the NSWS, and what is the anticipated expansion of the platform in the future?
Please provide your answers in the comment section!!