4th Joint Military Exercise ‘Dustlik’ between India and Uzbekistan
The fourth iteration of the biennial training exercise DUSTLIK (2023) will be held in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, from February 20, 2023 through March 5, 2023, as part of a military-to-military exchange programme between the Indian Army and the Uzbekistan Army.
The 14th Battalion, The GARHWAL RIFLES, a unit under Western Command, will participate in this bilateral exercise on behalf of the Indian contingent. Soldiers from the Uzbekistan Army’s North Western Military Region will serve as its representatives. Increasing military capability to conduct multi-domain operations in a sub-conventional setting under United Nations Mandate is the goal of this joint exercise.
India, Uzbekistan 4th Joint Military Exercise ‘Dustlik’: Key Points
- The fourth iteration of the annual bilateral military drill “Dustlik” with the Uzbekistan Army will feature the Indian Army.
- The Indian Army tweeted that the combined military drill would start on February 20 and end on March 5.
- Importantly, the exercise’s initial iteration took place in Uzbekistan in November 2019.
- The second round, meanwhile, was conducted in India from March 10 to March 19 of 2021 at the Foreign Training Node Chaubatia, Ranikhet.
- The Yangiarik district of Uzbekistan hosted the third iteration of Exercise Dustlik from March 22 to March 29 of that year.
Ex #Dustlik-2019#IndianArmy & #UzbekistanArmy Ex #Dustlik-2019
commenced with unfurling of National Flags amidst playing of the National anthems of both the nations. Exercise aims to enhance understanding, cooperation, interoperability in military affairs.
'Together We Shall' pic.twitter.com/SnaYhnwPGr
— ADG PI – INDIAN ARMY (@adgpi) November 9, 2019
The main objective of Exercise Dustlik is to provide collaborative training for counterterrorism operations carried out in accordance with a United Nations mandate, particularly in hilly, urban, or rural environments. A validation stage is part of the exercise’s training programme. Exercise Dustlik also gives India and Uzbekistan a boost in their efforts to strengthen their bilateral military and political ties.
India, Uzbekistan Joint Exercise ‘Dustlik’ Inaugural Editions
After ten days of combined training, the first Indo-Uzbekistan Joint Field Training Exercise “DUSTLIK-2019” ended on November 13, 2019. The joint training, which was held at Uzbekistan’s Chirchiq Training Area, concentrated on counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations (CI/CT Ops) in an urban setting as well as the sharing of knowledge about firearms proficiency. The exercise also gave the militaries a chance to improve cross-cultural understanding and boost trust and collaboration.