Young Indian boxers Vishwanath Suresh, Vanshaj, and Devika Ghorpade recorded a commanding 5-0 win to bag gold at the IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championships 2022 in La Nucia, Spain. Vishwanath won India’s first gold at the championship after defeating Ronel Suyom of the Philippines in the men’s 48kg final.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Indian Boxers won Gold Medals at Youth World Boxing Championships 2022- Key Points
- Bhawan Sharma bagged a silver medal in the women’s 48kg category as she conceded a 0-5 loss against Uzbekistan’s Gulsevar Ganieva.
- Ashish won a silver medal in the 54kg category.
- He won 1-4 against Japan’s pugilist Yuta Sakai in the men’s final.
About IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championship
The IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championship 2022 was held at La Nucia from 14th November to 26th November 2022.
Objectives of IBA
- To promote the sport and the spirit of boxing in all its forms, in the light of its education, culture, and sports values, and to encourage the development of boxing throughout the world.
- To promote the highest standards concerning the organization, judging, referring, coaching, training, education, and medical and anti-doping controls in the sport of boxing.
- To preserve the right of every individual to participate in boxing and enhance women’s boxing programs.